Sunday 20 October 2013

Perambulator Boots Man

The last of the three equipment based figures that I got - the tesla projector and the steam cannon being the others.  I really like the word "perambulator" - there is something quintessentially Victorian about.  The word itself being as quirky, cumbersome and impractical as the thought of actually wearing springs on one's shoes.  Anyhow, aside from the fact that this fellow will struggle to get any sort of concealment, I just had to paint him up:

Those pesky tufts of grass keep sticking to shoes and scabbards and the like




Here's all of them together:

Who invited these guys to the party?
Was quite happy with the white shirt.  Started with a fortress grey base, and didn't use a wash this time.  Effect I think is much better than my previous work (see steam cannon man for instance).

Trivia of the day - the word perambulator has given rise to the term "pram" of course.  To perambulate means to traverse by foot.  Thus a perambulator is a fancy name for a  baby walker I suppose, and "perambulator boots" simply means "boots to walk in" - not springy boots as one might have suspected.

6 comments:

  1. Nice job mate. Yeah the grass/travelling terrain thing bugs me a bit especially on city man type figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. A bit of rubble would be much more appropriate.

      Delete
  2. Very nice job, I can see him springing into action very soon! Pun intended...Permabulate... I think the French verb to walk has similarities... promenade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes probably have the same Latin origins there somewhere. Looking forward to seeing what you get with your requiem package.

      Delete
  3. Very cool guy Dan. I am getting excited about all this empire of the dead riff raff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic character - will we see Spring Heeled Jack soon too?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...