Wednesday 9 October 2013

My New Games Room

With the arrival of the new Empire of the Dead miniatures motivating me, I finally finished off setting up my games room.  The big job was constructing a 6x4 table over the top of the smaller table I have.  The room houses a few of my other hobbies as well (beer brewing, guitar), and I am pretty happy with the space I have created.

Painting desk and table:

Note I did not choose the curtains
Evidence of an English degree, models and wargaming books:


The guitar collection, and my daughter's cello:


Close up of the models, FOW on top, Isengard army below with EOTD and then Rohan and the Escape from Goblin Town figures:


Looking forward to spending a bit of time in here.  You don't see the storage cupboard for the terrain pieces as well, by the way and the stereo to keep me occupied.  I have a bit of 28mm steampunk to paint up now!

13 comments:

  1. Looking good. I had one of them rooms once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like there's a story there to be told Simon. If you want to "pop over" any time - let me know!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Having a dedicated space is so good. Being able to leave a table set up and not disrupt daily life is a real luxury. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - want to be able to do some board games on it too. Need to work out some seating - high stools are the way to go.

      Delete
  3. Great room and hobby space, as Paul mentioned, always good to have a dedicated hobby space - many hours of fun there I foresee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was hoping to get into some of the EOTD guys last night, but this took over. I have tonight set aside for some good painting work. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  4. Very cool Dan! Looking forward to having a few games in here and not worrying about not enough space. You must be glad things are dying down a bit giving you space to get some figures done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are getting back to normal a bit now. Played a couple of board games at Zac's last two Mondays, so games group is in good health. Looking forward to your return.

      Delete
  5. looks a bit bigger that 50mm :)
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice - Steve chose that name. Something to do with a camera lens.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I often wondered why you picked '50mm', when it doesnt really match typical games scales...

      Delete
  6. That game room rocks! It may not completely be a game room though, what with your guitars over there and all, but it's definitely nice to look at. I do like the sort of mismatch of the games and toys with the instruments, together with the books. And I also agree with you that the curtains don't really go well with your room's overall feel.

    Albert Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your game room looks great, Dan! The space is enough to host your 6x4 table and still allow area to move around. Have you ever considered having it remodeled? If you do, you can rely on trusted companies to handle your request with professionalism.

    Lynn Williamson @ Dal Builders

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...