Saturday 15 June 2013

Gamling and the Rohan Royal Banner

Yes, it is true - this is actually a wargaming post!  After weeks of sickness and prevarication, I have actually got into some meaningful hobby activity.  The lack of wargaming posts has been largely my fault with our gaming group going through a board game phase and my hobby output stopping with other things.

Without too much on the hobby table to paint I have decided to finally finish my Lord of the Rings Armies.

Gamling and the Rohan Royal Banner has sat on the shelf for perhaps a year, with the freehand work on the banner itself putting me off ever completing it.  Well complete it I finally did and I am reasonably happy with the banner:





I am now trying to complete the remainder of my Rohan heroes so stay posted for more pictures.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome work on the banners! Having the inkling to play more wargames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve. Was going to text you to say I had finally posted something. Watching the rugby at Bar Ed tonight if you want to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done.
    Thanks for the inspiring post for I need a little boost (having a few Rohan Riders cleaned on my desk since a while now waiting to get painted).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks X-Tine. I get inspired by the blogs I follow so glad I can pass on the favor. Looking out for your work soon.

      Delete
  4. That is great work! I must admit the required free hand banner work also put me off getting to grips with this model... Good to see a return to wargaming posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott. Appreciate the positive comments. Am getting a bit of momentum up now so expect some more work shortly.

      Delete
  5. Great looking job you've done with him to. Banner is superb and will look great amongst a mass charge of Riders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon - stay tuned for some further pictures of the Rohan Army

      Delete
  6. Most excellent paintjob on Gamling, just love the banner it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. I'm chuffed given the standard of work on your blog.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful figures - love the dark green colors. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old dark angels green. There is a sort of translucent quality to it that the new range from GW doesn't quite achieve.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...