Wednesday 19 June 2013

Erkenbrand's Riders

Ever since he charged in with Gandalf beside him to lift the siege of Helms Deep in the nick of time, I have had a soft spot for old Erkies.  Sadly missing from the movies, he has been recreated by GW with his famous red shield, but otherwise looking pretty much like a Rohan Royal Guardsman.

Although Erkenbrand's riders are perhaps not the best use of points in WOTR, I didn't feel my army was quite right without him.  Here he is painted up and with his Rohirrim:








Would like to upgrade the banner bearer, but it is down the list of priorities right now.

11 comments:

  1. He's nice work regardless of Peter Jacksons decision:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Riders of Rohan are just great looking models thats enough to include them in my book regardless of movie fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys. They are great models, which is what GW does best. I did enjoy putting this company together. It's funny when you start painting, sometimes you just can't stop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work on very nice sculpts. I can see a Saxon/Romano look. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem that Tolkein was sort of modelling them on a Celtic people, but in the films there is a distinct Celtic/ Anglosaxon mix going on.

      Delete
  5. I've seen all your LoTR figures, didn't comment but I like them all ! great paint work !

    Something missing in the movie ????
    That's strange ... but I think that I've heard something like that before but don't remember when and where ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam - yes it is a common refrain is it not!

      Delete
  6. Great stuff. Perhaps we should organise a game sometime and I can break out my Isengarders...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keen. Your place has a great gaming set up that would be great to come out to. I would like you to take us through FOW. You could come out for a Monday night, or I might be able to come out during the week - if you have a day off. I could email to arrange if you like - not sure how to arrange that without being spammed though.

      Delete
    2. You can email me at scottswargaming AT gmail DOT com . We'll have to set something up :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...