Tuesday 7 January 2014

Stephen Fry miniature - a short interlude.

It has been a small while since I last wrote a post and I had planned to upload a post about a FOW game Dan and I had yesterday however somethings must come first, and the FOW post tomorrow.... It should come as no surprise really that Stephen Fry who plays the Master in The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug gets his own miniature. Admittedly an overpriced miniature being a games workshop product (note I am not responsible for my own words... Oh god please don't sue us GW for writing that).

Stephen Fry's Master of Lake-town
(Credit: Games Workshop)

A pretty neat figure really. Being a fan of Stephen Fry as a comedian and actor I thought this was noteworthy of a post. Oh and its our 101 post so doubly noteworthy.

To celebrate I will now share something else for your interest. My wife and I over the last few days have discovered an new TV show, its also French so if you don't like subtitles or the French don't read on. It is called The Returned and is about a small town where people who have died a number of years ago return from the dead seemingly just like they were before they died, There is also plenty of strange going ons in this town. It seems to fall into a drama / mystery / horror category and is reminiscent of shows such as the fabulous Twin Peaks. The Guardian rated it as the top show of 2013 and I think it is a 9/10. Don't take our word for it though, give it a shot!


Back to the regular programme tomorrow, perhaps. 

8 comments:

  1. I do like the figure, though wonder at its actually uses in the game - what scenario it might be involved in? I guess its simply a collectible?
    I also note the release, at the same time, of a certain musically named archer who is TRADEMARKED - and I am now terrified to use my surname in public in case I am sued by GW for having temerity for using it thus... ! ;-)

    I never got Twin Peaks... ;-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With you on Twin Peaks. Trademarking the name of a miniature is a bit OTT, but they can't stop you referring to it, you just can't use the name when making a miniature of your own. I do question their ability to TM a name. Apart of me wants to bait them into threatening legal proceedings, but it keeps being shouted down by the sensible part of my brain...

      Delete
    2. Twin Peaks certainly is an odd one but I am awful fond of it. The returned takes itself more seriously than Twin Peaks.

      Games workshop is a little OTT with there copyright stuff. Pity LOTR miniatures isn't run by a different company.

      Delete
    3. Also good point regarding his use Scott. Being a combat game the mind boggles especially as in the film he came across as quite physically unwell. Perhaps they are making a shift towards a euro game where you have to manage a town in middle Earth...

      Delete
  2. That's a cool looking figure. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIce figure. I've heard about this French show I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! It is quite a neat show.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...